Studentships consist of a 4-year stipend paid monthly (at EPSRC standard rates, rising each year: e.g. for the academic year 2021/2022 the stipend is £15,609 tax-free). All fees are paid. A maximum sum of £20,000 over 4 years is available for fieldwork and laboratory costs; this could increase if a sector partner is involved in co-funding the project.
International students are eligible for a full scholarship (stipend and fees paid, plus fieldwork costs) though a maximum of 3 places are available per year. Please note that the deadline for international applications for entry in September 2022 has passed, so unfortunately no further international applications can be accepted. UK applicants may still apply.
You may find the resources below useful:
- Recording of Water-WISER CDT Applicant webinar: 12 January 2022
- Slides of Water-WISER CDT Applicant webinar: 12 January 2022
- Frequently Asked Questions
In addition to applying to the CDT programme, we have three PhD projects which we will recruit to this year. Please click on the titles to view each project.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Sanitation Systems and their Mitigation
- Antimicrobial Resistance and its development in Septic Tanks and Pit Latrines
- Forward osmosis membrane technology: An enabler for sustainable and resilient water production
For more information or to apply online, please click here.
Application deadline for September 2022 (UK applicants only): 30 June 2022